PRESS RELEASE — Sheriff’s Office to provide more transparent information to County Residents
WARREN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
200 SKYLINE VISTA DRIVE · FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA 22630
Mark A. Butler, Sheriff
|PRESS RELEASE — Sheriff’s Office to provide more transparent information to County Residents|
Sheriff Mark Butler is pleased to announce that the Warren County Sheriff’s Office will soon be offering Citizen Connect with real time crime activity data. This is a wonderful way to increase transparency, provide more convenient customer service and ensure better communication with our residents. Starting May 1st, county residents will be able to receive automated crime notifications using the free Citizen Connect Application from Southern Software, which will be made available on the WCSO website. This Application provides the following online services:
- Daily Reports – A listing of Arrest, Incident and Accident Reports will be available to the public. This is what is commonly referred to as the “police blotter” and will keep residents better informed as to the incidents around their homes, businesses, or routes of travel.
- Incident Reports – An abbreviated report may be downloaded by Incident Number, Date Range, Name or Location. Please note that there will be no narrative included. Persons wishing to obtain the more complete report will still be required to file a Freedom of Information request with our office.
- Wanted Persons – A list of the most wanted people will be made available to the public in this searchable database.
- Missing Persons – A list of active missing persons reports will be posted. Once located, these reports will be closed and can no longer be seen on the website. This will be helpful in keeping the public aware of endangered people, with the intent to locate them quicker.
- Anonymous Tip Line – Allows residents to report a tip without leaving their personal information.
Once the office and the public have the opportunity to evaluate the Citizen Connect application, Sheriff Butler states there are other options that might be explored such as Crime Alerts which allows residents to sign up and receive Crime Alerts via email of crimes taking place.
Approved for release by Sheriff Mark Butler on April 17, 2023