Welcome to the Patrol Division of the Warren County, Virginia Sheriff’s Department. Dedicated to maintaining peace, order, and safety, our Patrol Division is constantly at work — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ensuring that the citizens of Warren County are protected and assisted whenever the need arises.
Comprehensive Community Patrolling
Equipped with four proactive squads, our officers diligently work 12-hour shifts, promptly responding to incoming service calls and actively patrolling the community to prevent crime. Supervised by experienced lieutenants and sergeants, our teams are well-prepared to address various community needs effectively and efficiently.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Immediate response and thorough investigation of current and past crimes
- Attending to and scrutinizing suspicious incidents and activities
- Safeguarding and meticulously processing crime scenes
- Enforcement and control of traffic and speed regulations
- Dedicated DUI enforcement
- Comprehensive investigation of traffic accidents
Animal Control Officer (ACO) Unit:
Our specialized Animal Control Officer (ACO) Unit is committed to ensuring the welfare of animals within Warren County and the Town of Front Royal. Certified in law enforcement and equipped with specialized animal control training, our officers effectively address various animal-related incidents.
Key Services Include:
- Investigating cases of animal cruelty, neglect, and alleged abuse
- Handling cases of stray or at-large animals and license violations
- Responding to incidents of animal bites and injuries
- Managing rabies exposures, wildlife concerns, and conducting animal rescue operations
School Recourse Officer (SRO) Unit:
Promoting a secure and educative environment within schools, our School Resource Officers (SROs) practice community policing strategies to foster a better understanding of laws and the legal system among students, parents, teachers, and faculty.
Key Contributions Include:
- Offering legal guidance and support to the school community
- Facilitating informative presentations to enhance legal awareness
- Acting as a conduit to various services within and outside the school environment
Our commitment extends beyond law enforcement; we are devoted to building and nurturing a strong relationship between the sheriff’s office and the community members of Warren County. Through various initiatives like the Triad/S.A.L.T. Council, Sheriff’s Youth Camp, and the Citizen Advisory Council (CAC), we continually strive to enhance community engagement and collaboration.
Key Initiatives Include:
- Facilitating programs aimed at fostering strong community ties
- Engaging in meaningful dialogue and collaboration with community members
- Organizing and participating in community-centric events and councils
Together, let’s make Warren County a safer place to live, work, and thrive.