WARREN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
200 SKYLINE VISTA DRIVE · FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA 22630
Mark A. Butler, Sheriff
|PRESS RELEASE – SHERIFF’S OFFICE TO PROVIDE MORE TRANSPARENT INFORMATION TO COUNTY RESIDENTS|
Sheriff Mark Butler is pleased to announce that the Warren County Sheriff’s Office is the 1st agency in the Commonwealth to make Citizen Connect available to the community. Citizen Connect is an application from Southern Software, Inc. that provides a host of services for our community to see. This is an opportunity to increase transparency, provide more convenient customer service and ensure better communication with our residents. Starting today May 30, county residents will be able to receive automated crime notifications using the free Citizen Connect Application. You can sign up for these services through our website. This Application provides the following online services:
- Daily Reports – A listing of Arrest, Incident and Accident Reports will be available to the public. This is what is commonly referred to as the “police blotter” and will keep residents better informed as to the incidents around their homes, businesses, or routes of travel.
- Incident Reports – An abbreviated report may be downloaded by Incident Number, Date Range, Name or Location. Please note that there will be no narrative included. Persons wishing to obtain the more complete report will still be required to file a Freedom of Information request with our office.
- Wanted Persons – A list of the most wanted people will be made available to the public in this searchable database.
- Missing Persons – A list of active missing persons reports will be posted. Once located, these reports will be closed and can no longer be seen on the website. This will be helpful in keeping the public aware of endangered people, with the intent to locate them quicker.
- Anonymous Tip Line – Allows residents to report a tip without leaving their personal information.
- Submit a Report – This allows our citizens to submit non-emergency reports that do not require a response from a Deputy immediately. These include damage to property, lost property, harassing phones calls.
Don’t forget to sign up for our crime alerts. You can do this by going to the left-hand corner of the webpage and clicking on the red box “Alerts Signup”.
Welcome to Citizen Connect! Citizen Connect is the place to go when you are looking for information regarding incidents, accidents, missing and wanted persons, and more. Please be aware that some information is redacted or has not been made available to the public.
Information is updated every 24 hrs. This does not mean that your incident or accident will be available that quickly. There is a process that all reports must go through before they are able to be loaded to Citizen Connect.
To find a copy of a crash report, please go to the section labeled Accident Search. For an incident report, please go to the section labeled incident search.
For the Daily Reports function, please go to the section labeled Daily Report. Daily Report is an option to view all reported activity over the previous 5 days. You can see Incidents, arrests, Missing Persons, and accidents.
To visit the Warren County Sheriff’s Office Citizen Connect site click here.