Child Custody

If custody has not been established: You will need to schedule an intake appointment with the Court Service Unit at 540-636-4189 between the hours of 8 am to 4:30 pm. The Court Service Unit is located at

1 E Main Street
Front Royal, VA 22630.

Once a court order of custody and visitation is entered, the custody and visitation arrangement CANNOT be changed without further order from the court. Any party may seek enforcement of the court order if another party fails to follow the court order.

Violation of a Child Custody Order: A Child Custody and Visitation Order is a Civil matter unless a crime has occurred in accordance with the Code of Virginia 18.2-49.1.